CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 4, 2010

To Be or Not To Be

I can’t believe October is finally here. It is one of my favorite times of the year. It is fun to dress up and go out. I already found a Halloween costume I guess I did buy a new one. I really didn’t want to but I caved into peer pressure. I was going to wear one of my old ones and save the money and thinking about it today I wish I would have. I only spent 35 bucks on it because I got it on sale.
Woot for being on sale!
On Thursday of last week, I donated blood. I have donated plasma before but I never have donated blood. I have heard so many stories of people passing out and stuff so I was pretty much scared. Turns out it was nothing. I did get free food out of it. So I helped save a life J
Also, on Thursday I was up here at the front desk all alone, and this guy came in looking for wine. I told him we sell it online but not out of this building. I mean come on why would we sell wine out of our corporate office? Idiots. Plus we are in Utah they don’t ship alcohol to Utah you have to buy it from a certified state liquor store. I should probably tell you that that day I was wearing a peasant top with an empire waist band so the shirt was a little poufy. He says “I know you’re not supposed to talk to woman about being pregnant until they are crowning but you make a good pregnant woman” I said “huh?” He says “You’re not pregnant?” I told him no and just started laughing. He felt so bad I just started laughing. At first I was offended but then I was like oh well he is old and I don’t really care. But the next day he came in again and he brought me a dozen roses because he felt so bad. I think it is a hint it’s time to start dieting. These are my flowers.
I did go to Boise this weekend with Jenn and Justine. It was fun. On our way up there we listened to oldies from like elementary school to Jr high. It was so much fun.
We made a music video on the way there. We got there and got ready to go out. Went and dropped our stuff off at the house we were staying at. Then all of us went downtown. It was a really fun weekend. Jenn rode the bull at Roddys twice. Took three taxi rides.  There were hickies, vampires, spoons, joose, people passing out in the bathroom when other people need to go potty, halo, do a deer a female deer, kings cup with recycled homemade cards, embaressment galore.
I ate deer meat for the first time. We went to some pizza place and they were playing Journey and we got the whole joint singing along to the song that was fun! Managed to stay out of trouble for a bit then on the ride home, a police man came out of nowhere and surprised me and gave me an awesome speeding ticket. Who knew 7 over would be 85 freaking dollars! Also, still need to solve the mystery of what the devil is red on Jenn.
On a different note, I have decided there needs to be a happy median. I have found I have grown up over the years. I have never goone to school really I Take a night class here and there, never taken any day classes because I have always had other responsibilities. I was forced to grow up, graduating high school and getting sucked into a real job. I first started out as a Para professional in a kindergarten classroom then we couldn’t hang on to the main teacher so I became the teacher for most of the school year, making up lesson plans, dealing with behaviors, getting to hang out with the cutest little kids on the planet every now and then getting kicked in the face or bit was okay. But making them smile and going day by day was such a great time. The next year I was in a second grade classroom and the teacher ended up getting pregnant so she couldn’t do much with the kids, because they might beat her up. Next year I was in first grade half the year and kindergarten the second half. Followed by being the floater going to every grade that needed me. They just built a high school for the kids. First high school for kids with Autism. Did I mention the elementary school is only 1 of 3 that is public in the whole country for kids with autism? They are my favorite.  

I have always had a full time job and bills to pay. I don’t get to go out and party every night, I get to go to work go to school come home do homework go to sleep start all over again. I do feel like I’m missing out on things but I am just over the hard core party scene. But I don’t want to be sitting home alone on a Saturday night. Is there a happy median? Can you accomplish things by doing what you want to do and not following the crowd?

2 comments:

CamilleElise

Yay for donating blood. I donate blood too! Such a great way to save a life.

And I agree it's hard to find a balance between party party and not being stuck home alone... I think it's all in the people you associate with; it's hard but you have to find the ones that go out, but don't go out and get wasted...

Unknown

At least the flowers are really pretty, right? I totally love orange roses.

Post a Comment